Monday, February 6, 2012

Self Rescuing Princess

A beautiful princess gets kidnapped and then rescued by a handsome prince; it's a tale as old as time. In the past it has been acceptable for a woman to take on such a passive role. But not in this day and age. Women, who have fought so hard for their rights as equals no longer want to wait around to be rescued by some prince, we want to rescue ourselves.

Art by n8twing
Oh Diana, you are my hero!
It's true though; at least for me. I love a good Disney movie, but my favorites are the ones where the woman has to fight for what she wants. Actually all my favorite cartoons and icons are strong women characters. Heck, I even love Princess Peach when she gets out of that other castle and goes on the adventure herself. Or Zelda, for that matter.



Zelda art by nayuki-chan 
One of my favorite Princesses of all times is Princess Serenity aka Sailor Moon


She may not look like much, but she's one chick you don't want to mess with.

Are you a self-rescuing princess? Then this t-shirt from think geek is for you



Want to read about real life, kick ass women? Check out this awesome blog; Self Rescuing Princess Society
Stay tough, ladies; you never know when you might need to rescue yourself from Bowser's castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment