Thursday, February 23, 2012

No One Does It Better Than The Birds Of Prey

I've often said that life would be much more exciting if it were a musical. How fun would it be dancing to work or getting to sing your heart out when something is wrong? That would be good therapy. 
I love when TV/Movies/Cartoons agree with me; I just never thought I'd see it happen in Batman.

Enter the lovely ladies of The Birds Of Prey

Batman: The Brave and the Bold: The Mask of Matches Malone!

 Batman joins forces with Black Orchid as they both fight the seductive, but dangerous, Poison Ivy, along with her henchwomen.
Main Plot: Black Canary and Huntress, along with Catwoman, pursue Two-Face. At the same time, Batman (in his Matches Malone persona) gets amnesia and believes himself to actually be a gangster.




 That was totally awesome, wasn't it? And did you hear those sassy lyrics?

[Catwoman]: Good evening all you gentlemen,
mobsters, creeps and crooks.
[Huntress]: Men in tights come after you,
and still you're off the hook.
[Black Canary]: For those who scare and terrorize,
it's the dawn of a brand new day.
[All]: You scum can simply call us
The one and only Birds of Prey

[CW]: Green lantern has his special ring.
[BC and H]: Pretty strong that little thing.
[BC]: Blue Beetle's deeds are really swell.
[H]: But who will bring him out of his shell?
[CW]: Flash's foes, they finish last.
[H]: Too bad sometimes he's just too fast!

[All]: While all the boys can always save the day
No one does it better than the Birds of Prey.
(The one and only birds of prey)
While all the boys can always save the day,
No one does it better, no one does it better, than the Birds of Prey.

[CW]: Green Arrow has heroic traits,
that is when he's shooting straight.
[BC]: Hey!
[CW]: I'm just saying...
[BC]: Aquaman's always courageous.
[H]: His little fish, less outrageous.
[BC]: Plastic man can expand,
[CW and H]: Becomes putty in our hands.

[All]: While all the boys can keep you punks at bay
No one does it better than the birds of prey
[Bruce's bodyguards]: (The one and only birds of prey)
While all the boys can always save the day
No one does it better, no one does it better, than the Birds of Prey.

[CW]: Batman throws his batarang.
What a weapon, what a bang. [She strokes his shoulder.]
[BC]: Check out that utility belt.
Sure can make a girl's heart melt. [She leans on him from the other side.]
[H]: He's always right there for the save.
I'd like to see his secret cave.

[All]:While Batman does things in his special way,
He'd do it better with the Birds of Prey.
(The one and only Birds of Prey)

While Batman always seems to save the day,
No one does it better
No one does it better than the Birds of Prey.
Birds of Prey...
[CW]: Meow.


I love all the slams against the other superheros about being too fast or too small, but that they have nothing bad to say about Batman. Is it because he's there or is it because he's just that awesome? I mean, they're not trying to impress Batman; he doesn't even know he is Batman at this point. I'm going to go with awesome, but that's just me. 
I really want to start watching this show, it looks really amazing. I wasn't sure at first if it would live up to Batman the Animated Series, but after seeing this, I'm totally sold.
Have you seen it? Is it worth watching? Tell me your feeling about it so I have more to go on than a musical number.

Thanks to DC Women Kicking Ass for always keeping me apprised of what our Super Gals are up to and to Earwormhole for the lyrics, so I didn't have to figure them out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment