Thursday, September 9, 2010

Executor Reception


This is a great little animation by Jim Mehsling about what happened behind the scenes on the Executor when Darth Vader calls for all the Bounty Hunters.

Being a receptionist anyway, I can't help but wonder what it would be like to be in that position on the Executor? Oh hell, I'd probably be force choked with in a week.

"Thank you for calling the Executor, Star Destroyer of Darth Vader, this is Braeby speaking, how can I help you?"
"Master Vader, you have a call from the Emperor on line 1. Hold please while I transfer your call."

I love that Boba Fett thinks he's all important even though no one cares, Bossk has no expressions and just makes noises and that Dengar is just plain stupid. I love the paper towel around his head and that is totally what it actually looks like.


This is one of my favorite parts of Empire (other than the whole Han and Leia thing) and I've always enjoyed seeing what other people think about it. If you want to go with the EU account, I suggest reading Tales of the Bounty Hunter. It's actually pretty good. It's all short stories about what happens to all of them before after this faithful meeting. Or for a different account, which I can't decide if I like better or not, is the Graphic Novel of Shadow of the Empire. (The novel for that book is an even better read but doesn't involve the Bounty Hunters at all)

I was also going to throw in the Bounty Hunters scene from Robot Chicken's Star Wars Special, but I can't watch it, do to the fact that I'm in Canada (LAME!) But if you haven't already seen it, you should go out and it it (and the second one). Because they ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Braeby! How's my favorite Jedi Mistress these days? I love that you put this site together, you rock!! Drop me an e-mail soon, I'd like to get together (maybe come visit you in T.O.) sometime in mid-october. My land line number is 705 742 5657 (I'm in ptbo now).

    May The Force Be With You
    Rehgallag Nivek
    Jedi Council Member
    (Assigned to CSA and Tingel Arm reg. 75 A.B.Y.)

    ReplyDelete