Friday, November 27, 2009

Star Wars - In Concert


So last night my boyfriend Ron and I went to see Star Wars - In Concert.  For those of you who've never heard of it, here's an overview:

Narrated live by Anthony Daniels (the actor who portrayed C-3PO in all six films), the production features a full symphony orchestra and choir, accompanied by specially edited footage from the films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-definition LED super-screen – one of the largest ever put on tour. The live music and film elements are synchronized in order to create a full multi-media, one-of-kind Star Wars experience.



It was amazing! I mean really amazing! It started at 7:30 and we didn't get out until after 10, but I was enjoying myself so much that the time just flew by.



They played many amazing songs, such as Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker's themes, as well as such breathtaking pieces as Across the Stars (Anakin and Padme theme) which happens to be my very favorite.
Anthony Daniels was a great host and filled the audience with cheer and laughter at his cheap but amusing C-3PO quips.



The Philharmonic Orchastra was simply breathtaking. I love watching them play. The synchronicity they display is amazing. I love watching the bob of the violin bows. It always brings a smile to my face.

So, with that out of the way... want to see my crappy pictures? I guarantee that they don't do it even the slightest amount of justice:

My favorite Jedi, Kit Fisto



Crazy looking Plo Koon



Chewbaca



Guys from the Rebel Legion



Imperial Guards



The Back of a Kick-ass Boba Fett





Han Solo in Carbonite






Senitor Amidala's disguise



Queen Amidala and her hand maidens



Naboo



Our seats. You can't go back any further than we were



No, literally, there was a wall behind us



Oh and a random tidbit about the ACC:

Quick Fact #16

Air Canada Centre goes through 200 pounds of cheese sauce for nachos during every game.

Bet you didn't know that before :P

No comments:

Post a Comment