Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I wanna be a Stormtrooper!




I've always wanted to be a Stormtrooper. There's always been something fun and appealing about these reliable, expendable characters. I mean who doesn't remember the Stormtrooper who hits his head on the opening door, or felt sorry for TK421 for not being at his post?
I've been thinking recently (possibly while I was still in the whole Halloween vibe) that it might be fun to get my own Stormtrooper armor and join the 501st.

I looked up prices out of curiosity to see how much of a dent armor would put in my wallet...
Well, if I want it to look cheap, I could go with the "Deluxe" armor from StarWarsShop.com
But, well... for $75 US, I don't think it'll get me into the 501st.




I also took a look at their "Supreme Edition" armor and was highly impressed. But I guess I should be for $1000 US. I don't know about you, but I can't afford it.




I thought for a moment that I could somehow make my own, but that only lasted until I Googled it. According to Studio Creations, I have about as much hope in hell to build a set of armor as I do to build my own working R2-D2.




Who knew that there were so many parts?

You know what the worse part is? Even if I could afford to buy it or make it, I would still have to modify it to fit over my chest!
I guess that's where the whole Femtrooper thing came in. If you don't know what Femtrooper is, it's a trooper armor modified for women.




I don't think you can buy it, but you can pay someone to modify regular armor for you. I'm not really one for the strong shoulder type, so if I decided to do this, I would probably go with this awesome corset from Evening Arwen instead.




And I'd pick up these wicked trooper heels that I found on Gizmodo!




Totally Hot! Think the 501st will have me?

No comments:

Post a Comment