Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Time! Part 1

So another Halloween has come and gone, and boy was it a good one!
I always love Halloween. It's one of the few things I look forward to all year round. I usually start planning what I'm going to be well in advance. And when I say well in advance, I mean, like March/April-ish. I kid you not.
But this year I just couldn't decide. I had so many ideas about what I wanted to be, but none of them seemed to stick more than a day or two. Here are some of the ideas that I went through:

* Miss Piggy



I thought it would be fun to get a cheap blonde wig and a glamorous evening gown and gloves, a prosthetic pig nose and ears, maybe some big false eyelashes, and carry my old Kermit puppet around with me.

* Kelly from Saved By the Bell



There's this place around the corner from my apartment that sells pre-made t-shirts. You know, you go in, pick the design and the shirt and they put them together for you. Well, in the window they have a Bayside Tigers Sweater and I immediately wanted to get all my friends together and go as the cast from Saved By the Bell. Unfortunately, my friends weren't having it.

* Rainbow Brite or Almost all of the Color Kids (except the boys)


I actually almost started buying this for my costume as Patty O'Green (the green one of course) but at the last minute decided against it as I couldn't find a 3rd item I like for the 3 for $15 deal and didn't want to pay the full prince for the stockings.

* Batgirl, Supergirl or Wonder Woman



I almost went for all 3 of these costumes, but they always seem a little over done. And sure enough, I saw multiples of all of them when I was out Halloween night.

But most of all I wanted to dress up as someone from Star Wars.

The problem with that though, is that I've done it before. Twice now, I've gone out as Princess Leia. A few years ago I went with A New Hope Leia, with the buns and everything, and last year as Return of The Jedi slave Leia.





I originally wanted to go with the snow suit from Empire, but finding a costume like that seemed nearly impossible.



So then I decided that maybe I would go as Padme from Attack of the Clones. You know, Geonosis Arena, pre-Nexu attack.



Now this became what I started looking for, but no matter how many costume shops I went to, I couldn't find it. Finally after going across the city and still not being able to find it, I did the only logical thing a geek girl could do...

I bought a different costume. You thought I was going to make one didn't you? Well, then you sorely misjudge my ability to sew.

Of course a few short days after I had bought my new costume, did I come across just this costume... Alas... I didn't have the money to buy it... maybe it'll still be there in a few days when I get paid again! Like Obi-Wan Kenobi... It might be my only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment