Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Geeky Tattoo

I went through a time over the last several years where I put my geeky nature behind me and pretended that I hadn't been into the stuff that I use to love.
I mean, who would want to date a girl who was into gaming and Star Wars, video games, Sci-Fi, Fantasy or any of that stuff?
Then after a few years of dating morons, I realized that by hiding that stuff, I wasn't doing myself justice. I got in touch with my geeky friends of my past and started to hang out with them again.
Man, I missed them.



I began to let the geek in me back in. It was AWESOME!!!
There really is nothing better then staying up all night gaming or having hearts to hearts about Star Wars!
I realized that not only had I missed them over the years that I had been away, but I had also missed that part of myself.
Not to mention that Geeks are sexy! Which is exactly where my blog title came from. It's a pick up line that I actually have used (and have had work)!!
Talk Star Wars to me! It's Sexy!

I've noticed since that most guys actually like some geekieness in a girl. Which is great, cuz I've got lots!

Anyway, back to the reason for this post. I realized that I was proud about being a geek, but still a little hesitant to be fully out about it.
So I decided to get a tattoo. And what would suit me the best in my geeky endever? Well Star Wars of course! And not just anything from Star Wars would do. I went with the Rebel Alliance Symbol.



I love the Rebel Alliance.
I was never one for 'super powers', even the force. I never wanted to be a jedi, I always wanted to be a part of the rebellion, a pilot for Rouge Squadron, or a deligate that was secretly a spy.



Not only was Princess Leia a major player in it, but her mother Padme Amidala was one of the first people to sign the Delegation of 2000 which later spawned the Allaince to Restore the Repblic (later known as the Rebel Alliance), as well as Mon Mothma, Bail Organa and Garm Bel Iblis



I really do love my tattoo and I show it off to people all the time. Some people don't get it, but I don't really care what they think anyway.
So here's to being a geeky girl and loveing every moment of it!

Here are a few more pic of my tattoo.
Hope you enjoy!






5 comments: