Friday, June 22, 2012

Geek & Sundry


I've just discovered Geek & Sundry and it is fantastic!

Never heard of Geek & Sundry, well, let me correct that for you.
This youtube channel is the brain child of none other than Felicia Day


PremiumYouTube channel Geek & Sundry features the best of indie geek culture and the internet's foremost geek voices. Founded by the producers of the hit web series The Guild, Geek & Sundry offers a diverse lineup of shows that create a hub for fans of comedy, gaming, comics, music, and literature around the world. Through compelling content and its powerful social media presence, the channel cultivates a thriving community amongst its viewers, allowing them to immerse themselves in nerd culture and connect with each other both online and off. Spearheaded by prominent geek figureheads, Geek & Sundry features original content by Felicia Day (The Guild, Dr. Horrible, Eureka), Wil Wheaton (Star Trek, The Big Bang Theory), VeronicaBelmont&TomMerritt (Sword&Laser),Paul& Storm (w00tstock), and Dark Horse Comics.

I first saw Felicia Day in Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog and loved her rendition of Penny. When I discovered her on The Guild, I was totally excited.


I very much love The Guild and can't get enough of it.


Not only can you get the latest Guild episodes on G&S, you can also check out Felicia's new blog called The Flog


Hosted by Geek Goddess Felicia Day, The FLOG is a spirited, eccentric and quirky adventure through life. Join Felicia each week as she explores new hobbies and experiences, curates links from across the web, and connects with her favorite people: her fans!
New episodes every Monday


I'm constantly looking up her fave 5 and I really enjoy watching her try out new things. I even want to write to her and hope to get a letter back. But what do you say to someone as awesome as Felicia Day?

Another reason to tune into G&S is for Wil Wheaton


Yes, I said Wil Wheaton. He has been one of my geeky chrushes for many a year. I will honestly admit that he was the reason I got into Star Trek. As far as I'm concerned, he's only gotten cuter with time and I love his sense of humor and use of foul language. Every other Friday he brings us Table Top


Wil Wheaton hosts this fun, lively show where “Celebrity Poker” meets table top board games! In each episode,Wil plays a different game with celebrity guests from film,TV, and YouTube. Filled with witty banter and cheeky camaraderie, Tabletop introduces viewers to the best of tabletop gaming.
New episodes every other Friday


Wil Wheaton, awesome geeky guests, board games, crazy banter... what's not to love.


There are also other shows, Sword and Laser, Written By A Kid and Dark Horse Comics, but I haven't started watching them yet.

If you're a geek, you should totally check this channel out. You won't be disappointed.
I'll leave you with this awesome music video with Felicia Day and Jason Charles Miller singing Gamer Girl, Country Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment