Friday, October 8, 2010

Star Wars Ballet?



Star Wars Ballet

Wait...what?

Those were my first thoughts when I came across this little jem while checking out The Official Star Wars Blog. Then my excitement grew just thinking about what that would be like.

Dramatic dances scenes between Han and Luke while they vie for Leia's affection
A Choirs of Stormtroopers all in formation
Lighsaber battles taken to a whole new level
Droid dances while the jawas try to collect and sell them

It makes me shiver with excitement just thinking about it. I had pretty high expectations when I pressed play on the video. Seeing John Williams and Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra just ramped that expectation up even higher.
Then the dance started...


Don't get me wrong, I think it's an amazing dance and that both Galina and Valeri Panov are superb dancers. It just totally wasn't what I was expecting. It's more of a ballet number done to a Star Wars piece of music than a Star Wars ballet. At least it's much better than that other Star Wars dance.
Still, I can dream...

mmm... Han and Luke in tights....

1 comment:

  1. mmmm..... pricess leia in tights and.... Mom Monthma???? not many women, never notice that.

    ReplyDelete