Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Disney Venomous Villains MAC Cosmetics


I love MAC cosmetics, but I very rarely let myself indulge in buying them considering that they tend to be pricey. But when I found out the other day on The Daily Nail that there was a new MAC/Disney Villains line, I couldn't resist going and taking a peak.
Let's just say that it didn't end well for my pocketbook, but I came out a very happy camper.

This line brings the spotlight to both classic and new Disney Villains. Lets take a peak shall we?

The Evil Queen


The vain Evil Queen from Snow White. Unleashed by Disney in 1937. Jean Harlow eyebrows. Joan Crawford's face. She set the standard for glamorous depravity and made us all glad we don't have a mirror that talks back.


The Evil Queen, or some times referred to as Queen Grimhilde, after the Grimm's fairytale, is the original wicked woman of the Disneyverse. She's also one of my favorites. Cold and calculating, she arranges to have Snow White killed for being more beautiful than herself. When the woodcutter who is suppose to kill her sets her free instead, The Queen takes matters into her own very skilled hands. She turns herself into an ugly old crone and takes Snow White the faithful poisoned apple.
I was really hoping that MAC would do a poison apple red lipstick, but alas they didn't. They did however make a beautiful pink lip gloss that I ended up buying called Hot House.


(it's the one on the right)
Here's the picture that they took to show the colour


Here's it on me


The names for these products are great.
Lips: Toxic Tale, Sinister, Strange Potion and Hot House
Eyes: Vile Violet, Vainglorious and Her Alter Image
Face:  Oh So Fair and Bite of an Apple

Maleficent


Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Brought to life in 1959. Toxic green skin. A darkly diabolical horned beauty with Hepburn eyebrows. She's the self-proclaimed "Mistress of All Evil".


Maleficent is my all time favorite villain. Who else can pull off such fabulous evilness? Not only did she crash the King and Queen's party for their new born daughter with the best entrance and exit that I've ever seen, but she cursed Aurora in her cradle just for show. And to make sure that they wouldn't forget, she made the curse for 16 years later. Sure the fairies tried to hide her away, robbing the parents of all those years of joy, but Maleficent made sure to find her and lure her aways to make her prophecy come true, kidnaps her one true love, puts thorny vines around the castle and then turns into a frickin' dragon!
I wanted to buy this entire set, but I decided on a few key pieces instead.
I just love this eye colour in My Dark Magic


Unfortunately when put on, the black tends to overshadow the purple and pink.
I also picked up Wrong Spell lip gloss to go with it.


(again, the one on the left)
Here's their picture of what it looks like


Here it is on me


Either her lips are really pink or this colour is way darker in real life. If I blot the colour, it's much easier to wear.
The last thing I picked up was a bottle of nail polish called Formidable!


It's a gorgeous burgundy that has iridescent sparkles in it that change from blue to green, to purple, to pink depending on which way you look at it. I love it and I keep getting compliments on it. Even my four years old niece loved it and asked me to paint her nails with it. I was happy to oblige.


Lips: Dark Deed, Violetta, Revenge is Sweet and Wrong Spell
Eyes: She Who Dares and My Dark Magic
Face: Briar Rose
Nails: Bad Fairy, Dreamy, Formidable!


Cruella De Vil


Cruella De Vil of 101 Dalmatians. Animated by Disney in 1961. A Dalmatian dominatrix. Famed for her cheekbones, dramatic entrances and trails of absinthe-coloured smoke


I'm not a huge Cruella De Vil fan. She's egocentric and uncaring. She has so much money that she doesn't know what to do with it, other than spend it on elaborate fur coats or hire goons to kidnap and kill puppies. As her name suggests, she dog-gone cruel, making you love to hate her. Which is why she makes such a great villain as far as I'm concerned.


I didn't actually buy any of her products, although I was tempted to buy the red lipstick, Heartless.
Lips: Heartless; Innocence, Beware!, Devilishly Stylish and Whacked Ways
Eyes: Sweet Joy, Carbon and De-Vil
Face: Her Own Devices and Darkly My Dear

Dr. Facilier


Dr. Facilier, the voodoo witchdoctor from The Princess and the Frog. Created in 2009. Nothing is sacred to this dandy who has stolen moves from the King of Pop and a hairdo from the Godfather of Soul.


I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but I haven't seen The Princess and The Frog yet.  It's not that I don't want to see it, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm a bad Disney fan. So yeah, I know absolutely nothing about this character other than he's a witch doctor...
What I do find to be interesting about them including him in the line instead of countless other Disney villains, is that he fits in quite well with MAC's motto of “All Ages, All Races, All Sexes,”. This is more of the unisex make-up featuring powders and liners to enhance your skin and bring out it's natural beauty.
It also features a new product called Magically Cool powder. The powder contains 70% water, so it creates a cool, refreshing sensation on the skin.
Lip Gelee: Resort life
Eyes: Brash & Bold, Melon and Push the Edge
Face: Truth & Light and Cajun
Eye Liners: French Quarter and Slick Black

So, who's your favorite Disney Villian? Who would you have chosen if it were up to you? What do you think MAC should do next?
Leave a comment and let me know :)


Pictures and info from MAC cosmetics and The Make-up and Beauty Blog 

1 comment:

  1. Aw... this is a really fun post. Love the Disney make up. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete