Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Minnie Mouse Nails It

One of my role models has always been Minnie Mouse. I love her charm and smile, her unconditional love and optimism, her kindness and hope. She's everything that I've always wanted to be; well, except maybe a mouse.


When I was a kid, I thought that because I have a widow's peak and so did she, that meant that maybe we were somehow related.
In second grade, my awesome Mom made me a Minnie Mouse dress, that I'm pretty sure I didn't take off until I outgrew it. I'm wearing it even for my class picture that year. I've actually been thinking about remaking that dress, but in a bigger size, so that I once again can wear it.
The following year, Minnie Mouse came to my birthday party! There are very few times in my life that I have been that excited.


When I interviewed at the Disney Store a few years back, when the question of who your favorite character was, everyone else just said the names of theirs. I told a story about how and why I loved Minnie Mouse. While I worked there, I was often wearing Minnie Ears and usually had a Minnie shirt on under my work shirt.


I even had a Minnie Mouse cookbook growing up. It helped my fall in live with baking.
My plan for another tattoo is Minnie Mouse's bow (red with white polka dots) on my wrist, to remind me to be a good person and always believe in Magic.

Anyway, the reason for this post, before I got all sentimental on you, was that OPI is releasing a Vintage Minnie Mouse nail polish line! YAY!



From left to right; Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It, I'm All Ears, If You Moust You Moust, and The Color of Minnie.

I love all the colours, or perhaps it's better to say, the variations of pink. I love pink, but I'm a little shocked that they only used pink. Vintagely speaking, Minnie didn't wear pink. She wore blue and red and yellow and white, but not traditionally pink.



Later on, only after the iconic red with white stripes, she did start appearing in pink, but usually still mixed with blue or yellow


If I were in charge of this line, I would take out the vintage angle and use all of those colours; white, yellow, red, red with white sequins, blue, pink and maybe even a black and simply call it 'ears'.

Maybe I should get a job working for OPI. I could be their geek consistency consultant.
Will I still buy the pinks? Of course! They're Minnie and Pink!

What do you think about the new line? Let me know.
Thanks to Stellar Four for the awesome info.

No comments:

Post a Comment