Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Geek And Foody Dresses

I always love when companies make geeky clothes for women. When I came across these TMNT and Power Ranger dresses, I felt like I had been sent back to my childhood. 



or at least that my childhood had been mixed with sexy ambitions, which I am totally okay with. Don't get me wrong, I don't seem to remember the Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers posing like that, but that's okay too. I really want the pink ranger dress. Kimberly was always my favorite, or perhaps green, as Tommy was so cool!



Geek things like this are awesome and I can totally understand why they would make them. It's when these tank dresses start going into food products that I start to wonder what they were thinking.


Okay, so candy logos, I can maybe understand that, but they're still pretty weird if you ask me. I'm not sure how I feel about the Nerds dress coming with "nerd" glasses with tape on them... 



Let's be honest, would you really want to go outside wearing a dress that says Blow Pop or Tootsie Roll? I can see a lot of really inappropriate comments from jerks about these. They are cute colours though. I like the blue one.



The same goes for Good and Plenty. I mean those licorice candies were kinda gross and that name is just bad!


Hershey's, Twizzlers and Reese's Peanut Butter cups aren't too bad. Nor is the Coke logo.





Cereal? Maybe as a nightgown or something, but again, I'm not sure I'd wear them anywhere


Especially not Ketchup or Mustard.


I guess these are probably all aimed at Halloween, where they can make quick, quirky costumes. I just don't see these as everyday wear. Just me?

If you like these dresses, please ignore me. You can purchase them here.
Thanks to Geekologie who likes girls in turtle dresses.



4 comments:

  1. You can see the last bunch of photos are photoshopped. The color fringing around the dresses and logos, particularly in the last one. I'm not saying they aren't available to purchase, but just that the food product dresses are photoshopped and not actually real photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, but they still look good enough to eat! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of them are photo-shopped. Now that you mention it, they're pretty much all the same pictures. My personal fav; the nerd glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are these girls even old enough to know what they are wearing?

    ReplyDelete