Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dressing Up For Fan Expo


Fan Expo is this weekend and I am stoked!
Like Halloween, Christmas and my Birthday (Oct.11th if you're wondering), Fan Expo is one of the few days a year that I really look forward to.

If you saw me there last year, you would've witnessed this;


Yup, that's me, Marvel Girl.
That costume was such a hit, I got a Missed Connections from someone wanting to 'get to know the woman behind the mask'. Had I been single at the time, I probably would've met up with him, just for fun.

Anyway, this year I had decided that I wasn't going to dress up. Well to be honest, I wasn't even sure if I could afford to go, but then I decided that I was going to go anyway, but only for the Saturday.

I found out last week that both the people I'm going with are dressing up. That would make me the lame girl with them that was lame and didn't even try.
Well if you know anything about me, it's that I am not that lame girl.

So Eric's going as Squall from Final Fantasy VIII 


and Ken's going as someone from some video game about something.
Eric and I have been known to dress up together for Halloween.
Like the year we did Seifer and Edea from FFVIII


(lol, we're so young in this picture)

So I thought it might be fun to do a Final Fantasy costume too.
My first thought was to do Cloud Crossplay from Final Fantasy VII 


but all of his costumes are a little too complicated considering I only have a few days and limited funds.


I really wanted to do his Kingdom Hearts costume though


My next thought was that maybe I'd do Seifer or Zell Crossplay.



Sorry, it's really hard to find good drawings of Zell. Let's just say that I came across some that made even me blush!
Plus, this guy is hot AND he's dressed up as Zell! Hello eye candy!

Sorry, I digress...

Since I'm a blond right now and my hair is much shorter than it use to be, I was trying to stick with characters that I wouldn't have to change my hair much for. I figured with the Final Guys, that it would work really well for spiking with gel.

But then I got thinking, why should I dress up as a guy when there are so many awesome geek chicks that I could be.
Like Samantha Carter from Stargate SG-1


Now there's a smart, sexy blond worth emulating


Plus maybe if I dress up as her, I can find my own MacGyver... I mean Col. O'Neil...


He can gate me to another world any day! Or Daniel, I would take Daniel too!

Sorry, digressing again...

My last option involves actually changing my hair, which is ok, since I'm kinda bored with blond already and would like to go back to being a brunette.
Plus, I've always loved Velma from Scooby-Doo


Sure, she's not the sexiest of the Scooby gang, but she is the smart one who usually solves the mysteries.

(I love this picture and wish that I could find out who drew it!)

This costume would be super easy. I already have a red skirt and the glasses (not prescription, but those 3-D glasses they give out these days with the lenses popped out). If I can't find the turtleneck, I have an orange t-shirt that will work just fine. That just leaves the socks and shoes and a box of hair dye.

My other options for this weekend are costumes that I've already done before, like Robin,


Supergirl,


or ANH Princess Leia


But as I said, they've all been done before. I think if I do decide to go as any of those, I'll give it a bit of a twist. Vampire Leia anyone?


Would you let me bite you if I were dressed up like this? lol.

So, who do you think I should dress up as? Cloud? Carter? Velma?
Leave a comment; let me know. I'd love to hear what you think.

Follow up pictures will be posted next week after the Expo. And hey, if you happen to be there on Saturday and see some one dressed up as one of these characters hanging out with Squall and that video game guy, stop and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment