Sunday, May 23, 2010

SW tattoo: Good or bad idea?


Ah, Star Wars tattoos. 
You either love 'em or hate 'em. 
Me? Well, you well may know that I already have a Rebel Alliance tattoo on my hip. It's pretty small and not very impressive. I got it to show my love of SW, but lately I've been feeling that it just doesn't show enough love.
That's why I've decided to get another one (see above) Isn't she awesome? She's the creation of Katie Cook, who is one of my favorite artists for pulling off both cute and sexy at the same time. I've even asked Katie permission to use her artwork and she enthusiastically approves! 

It took me a long time to pick a Star Wars image that I really loved and I spent a lot if time looking on the net for pictures of other Star Wars tattoos. And lets just say that I found a bag of mixed results.
Now don't get me wrong. Some of them were really great!





Some are really well done, but kinda strange choices.








Now I know I love SW more then most people, but mixing it with religion or holidays is kinda weird




Some of them mean well and should be cool, but turn out strangely





Aren't you a little short for a dark lord?



Some just turn out plain bad and make me think WTF were you thinking?




And some people just don't think tattoos are far enough! Ouch!



What did I tell you? Mixed bag indeed.
So you can see why I've decided to get something simple but awesome! 
I'll post pics after it's done :)

3 comments:

  1. I think yours is the best one out of the rest. I say GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TAO one is amazing..is such an amazing idea...and well..the tao is not a religion..is a philosophy..=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the TAO one is fucking awesome as well. I angree with the comment above. And I think that star wars is very philosophical. Out of every tat I see up here I think the TAO one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete