Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DC Comics Fandex! (a.k.a. I WON SOMETHING!!)


I've never been one for contests. I don't like competition and I don't like to lose. I don't gamble and I very rarely enter contests for that exact reason. There's usually never anything that I break this rule for, well except for this time.
Reis over at Geek Orthodox decided in one of his video blogs to have a contest, and I couldn't help but enter.  And guess what?
I WON!!!
I was so excited when I found out that I was jumping up and down at work and scaring my coworkers!
Since then I've been waiting patiently, checking my small little apartment mailbox daily, just waiting for it to come in. And today it finally arrived!
My very own DC Comics Super Heroes and Villains Fandex!


What's a Fandex you ask? Well, let me tell you. It's like a small encyclopedia about all the super heroes and villains from the DC universe, all individually pictured and die-cut and held together at bottom so that you can fan it out to see it all. Hence Fandex!


(yes my shirt says 'I only kiss Super Heroes' and yes perhaps a Marvel shirt was a bad choice to wear for this DC post. Oh well.)
Check out the detail on some of these amazing looking pictures!




I already learned about a whole slew of Heroes and Villains that I didn't know much about before today.
Like Blue Beetle. I've heard of him before, but sadly whenever I think of him I always picture Beetle Bailey in my head. Well not after today I won't!


Or how about this cool guy!


Who knew that Starro could turn Earth's starfish into his loyal agents? Not me, well at least not until now!

And for Reis, I can't help but think of you when I see the New Gods.


Speaking of Reis, I was sad to find out just moments ago that he will no longer be posting on Geek Orthodox and that he will be shutting down his site in a matter of months. I highly recommend checking out his site while you still have a chance, otherwise you'll miss one of my all time favorite blogs!
Reis, we'll miss you and your crazy luchador mask wearing, witty remarks and awesome geek insight.

This is for you.


(I don't know why the sound isn't syncing. I'm not too good at this stuff. I guess it's just the message that counts, right?)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm quite envious. Looks like I'll have to break down and buy my own set since I didn't win.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry hun, didn't mean to steal it from you! I spent HOURS looking up the info for that contest!
    I would totally get one if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god. I am speechless. This is the single most amazing act of kindness I have seen from a fellow blogger. I am so incredibly touched, Brae. You almost make me want to go, "Just kidding! The blog is still on!"

    But what is set in motion will stay in motion.

    If the only thing I ever got out of the last two years of blogging were this video from you, it would have still been worth it all. :)

    Thank you so much. I mean it. (And enjoy that Fandex!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm about 2 years too late to this party, but whatever...I'm the inventor of Fandex. So glad to hear your excitement at winning the Superheroes title! Way cool, no? Congrats! Eric Epstein

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the fandex? You, sir, are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete