Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Green Halloween


It's not that easy being green....
Well, actually, it's pretty easy

I mentioned in the previous post that I wanted to be a Muppet for Halloween, specifically Kermit. After much searching, I came across a turtleneck dress from American Apparel,  a green hat from Ardene, a Miss Piggy and Kermit from HMV, and a couple of ping pong balls.
I used an old shirt I had to make the fringe and sewed it onto some invisible stretching thread.


I cut the ping pong balls in half and glued them them to the top of the hat and added the pupils with a permanent marker.



I carried Piggy with me when I went out to Church Street for the annual Halloween walk-about.
And as usual, there were some great costumes. Not as many as some years, but the ones that I did see made me smile.

These cute Sailor Scouts all had hand made costumes. For authenticity sake, I wish they had done a bit more with their hair and wore better shoes/boots, but the fact that they managed to get everyone to do it and had costumes made for each, means that I will let this slide.


I love White and Black Mages! Sooo cute!


 Jem and Pizzazz were awesome! Even better, when I asked for a picture I realized that I knew Pizzazz! He's an old friend of mine!


This cute little grim reaper was the son of one of the girls who was out with us. I think he looks like a Sith Jawa... just me?


Mr. Fantastic was just that.... Fantastic...
He and I locked eyes and stuttered, grinned and blushed at each other while asking if we could take each other's picture. It was one of those moments where you wish you were single...
but then I remember that I have my own Superman waiting for me at home.


There were lots of great Mario Cart costumes out that night. Mario and Luigi must have taken a wrong turn at Bowser's castle, because they were way behind the rest of the group.


It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet show tonight! It seems that whenever I choose a costume, I always run into 2 or 3 other people dressed as the same thing. This year was no exception. I guess I'm not the only one excited about the new Muppet movie coming out next month. At one point I ran into another Animal who latched onto me yelling "FROG! FROG! FROG!" 
It was pretty awesome.


This was the group of friends that I went out with. They grouped together and dressed up as characters from Clue. 


I suspect Professor Plum, with the knife, on Church Street.
(isn't Eric cute with his little plastic knife?)


Lets-a-go!
I guess Church Street is sort of like Rainbow Road considering there are rainbows on all the street signs.


Lakitu!! Yes, that's the cloud sitting, spiney red thing dropping, race starting turtle from Mario.


I bet no one is as hungry as these hippos are! This couple was so sweet when I stopped as asked for their picture.


These cereal mascots wanted to make sure that everyone was eating a balanced breakfast!


The crowd was so big to get pictures of these tetris blocks, that I just stuck around back instead of waiting.


All hail the Lady Sith! He lightsabers screwed together to make a double bladed one! So cool! 


Finally, I bumped into these guys on my way home and was super excited! C-3PO asked me if I even knew who they were... ME? are you kidding? They seemed pretty impressed when I listed them all off. Come on now, I'm not just another pretty face!



I may be a frog, but the Force is strong with this Muppet!


No comments:

Post a Comment