Wednesday, March 9, 2016

20 Years Of Pokémon

Art by May
Can you believe that Pokémon is 20 years old? It's amazing!
I loved Pokémon from the first moment I saw those adorable creatures on TV. Although I didn't play the games until the last few years, I did watch Ash and Pikachu's journey to the Pokémon League Championship with rapt interest.

In the last few years I've been engrossed in it once again. Adam and I bought 3DS's for each other for Christmas a few years ago so we could play X&Y together, then Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby. I've since taken on Super Mystery Dungeon. We even watch the cartoon on Netflix while playing.


Everyone is different, but my favorite pal is Bowser the Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
He wasn't my first Pokémon, but he did win my heart right away and he was my first to reach level 100 and to have full affection. 

art by MsDinoGoat
He and Moshi even came with me on my Mystery Dungeon expedition. They are the best of friends 

But I'm not the only person who loves Pokémon. This great comic by Kitty shows her love and journey with her favorite pal












I'm not crying, you're crying... 


Here's to 20 more years of adventuring with our very favorite friends

No comments:

Post a Comment