Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Hot Topic Score!


Alright Judgy McJudgerson, before you sneer and scoff, step back and breath.
I know what people say about Hot Topic and, frankly, I don't care.
At this point, where it is still ridiculously hard to buy geeky girl stuff without turning to the internet, Hot Topic is one of the only places I've found in Toronto where it's abundant and I can always find something that I like, that's in my size and that I can afford. Plus, they carry Her Universe stuff.
Enough said.

Anyway, if you've been keeping up with TSWTM as of late, you'll know that I started a new job a few weeks ago. Friday was my first payday! YAY! 
As a treat, I decided to do a bit of shopping.
I didn't like what I had worn to work that day and I didn't want to feel uncomfortable when I met up with some friends later. So I popped into Hot Topic to see what they had.
Holy crap! I wanted to buy half the store. 
I usually find them to be hit or miss, but this time was a total hit. 
Here's what I bought:


 Yes, that is the Doctor Who quote tee that I talked about here. Hopefully they will start carrying the other ones as well.


I love this Harley Quinn costume shirt. In fact, I'm wearing it right now. It's fun and expressive if you know who Harley is, if not, it's still fun without being in your face.




Yes, I bought Wonder Woman and My Little Pony panties! YAY! I like fun underwear, but finding geek underwear is super hard. When I saw these I had to own them! They have a pair of The Little Mermaid ones, too, that I am so going back for.

So what do you think? Are you rolling your eyes at me for going into Hot Topic or do you think my new geek pieces were totally worth it?
While you make up your mind, I'll be over here shaking my Wonder Woman'd ass proudly. :p

1 comment:

  1. While I agree Hot Topic has taken great leaps in making the non-conformist mainstream, I can't deny they do get cool geeky stuff you can't find most anywhere else in the brick & mortar world.

    ReplyDelete