Wednesday, May 4, 2011

International Star Wars Day: May the 4th Be With You!

Yup, that's right! It's Star Wars Day!

Every year this comes around and every year I forget about it until someone reminds me. This year I remembered all by myself. Granted, ti was only yesterday, but it's a step up, right?

This year I decided that I should celebrate and make the whole day about Star Wars.

So, here's how my day has gone so far.
I got up this morning, crawled into a nice, steamy, bubble bath and read Champions Of The Force.


I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I'm totally loving this series.
After I got out of the tub I dressed fully in Star Wars.

I wore my Episode I shirt that says May The Force Be With You on the back


My new Boba Fett panties from Her Universe


and blue R2-D2 socks that I don't have a picture of. Oh, and jeans of course, and a bra. (TMI?)

After I ran some quick errands, I came back and decided that a Star Wars marathon was well overdue. I don't think I've had one in over a year, so it's about time.
now I know that most of you are purists and would start with Episode IV, but I'm not that kind of girl


I'm the type of girl who loves Star Wars, all of it. So when I say I'm going to have a marathon, I mean that I start with Episode I, which is exactly what I did.


Why watch this terrible movie, you ask?
I'll give you two reasons:
1) It's Star Wars
2) Padme Amidala's outfits


Mostly this one. Every time I watch this I try and figure out how I can make my own.

After watching Episode I, I took a break, did a bit more reading and started making Geedo's Guts (spaghetti sauce for dinner). I put on some tunes and listened to some Star Wars music (Imperial Death March, Leia's theme, Yoda and the Younglings, and of course Across the Stars)

Once my Greedo's Guts were simmering, I sat down and watched Episode II.
Why, you ask?
See answers 1 and 2 above
3) Yoda and Dooku lightsaber battle
4) Anakin and Padme love story (swoon)



I can keep up with the boys any day of the week, quote Star Wars, play video games and read comics, but there's still that girl inside of me that swoons at a good love story and this one gets me every time.

Anyway, as I watched and cooked, I also coloured in my new Clone Wars colouring book!


Oh yeah! I love me some colouring!

After the movie was over and I was done colouring, I decided to write this blog post. Sadly, it's taken me over 2 hours since I keep getting the lovely blue screen of death and having to restart.
But don't worry, dear readers, I will make sure you get this post on May the 4th and not the next day, because that would be lame of me.

Now I'm off to put on my Star Wars pajamas and to see if I can convince my boyfriend to watch Episode III with me.
Wish me luck! May the 4th be with us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment