Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Her Universe - Star Wars Clothes For Girls!!!


It's what you've been waiting for! Star Wars clothes for girls!!
No? It's not what you've been waiting for?
Well it's what I've been waiting FOREVER for!! YAY!

Good Star Wars t-shirts are hard to find. At least for me they are. Men's shirts don't fit me and I usually end up buying boy's t-shirts in whatever I can find. (Thanks H&M)
Every once in a while I can find women's shirts on Starwars.com or other geeky t-shirt sites, but there selection is so limited and they obviously don't have SW chicks to tell them what girls actually want.

Cue Her Universe; a site for Star Wars girls


Her Universe is the vision of Ashley Eckstein, actress and voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Together with her partner, The Araca Group, they founded this new company to create merchandise for female sci-fi fans. Her Universe is a place for fangirls to step into the spotlight and be heard, recognized and rewarded. Female sci-fi fans are growing in numbers and have largely gone unnoticed until now. Hoping to change the perception that science fiction and fantasy is not just for the boys, Her Universe, has secured it's first license and joined forces with Lucasfilm to create merchandise for female Star Wars fans. Starting out with apparel, accessories and cosmetics, Her Universe will make fangirls "geek chic" from head to toe!


Star Wars merchandise for chicks made by chicks! I'm so excited!
Check out some of the shirts that they have so far

The purple one, entitled "Daddy's Little Girl" was designed by one of my all time favorite artists Katie Cook. YAY! (she drew the tattoo that I'm getting on my arm)
Check out the hooded sweater too! I want it sooo bad! It's nice that for a hoodie, it's not all sweatshirty/zip-uppy like most. It's actually form fitting and sleek!


Look at that cute little Ahsoka.


Or how about this awesome one with her and Plo Koon? Designed exclusively by Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni.


Luke on Dagobah anyone?


And my Personal Favorite (which I just ordered btw)


YAY! It even has the cute little symbol on the back!


This site is awesome! I spent some time looking through it and found myself entranced. Not only is this the first time I've ever ordered anything online, but that I've found worth while for me to order from!

The suggestions section is grand! Already, they are taking ideas from suggestion page and working to make them real!
Like lightsaber lipstick!!
They're also looking into making things like jewelry for every day wear! I've been looking for Star Wars jewelry for months and all I can find is stuff on etsy (which is great, but not what I'm looking for)

I'm totally going to be a firm supporter of this site and all their endevers.

GEEK GIRLS RULE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment