Sunday, August 11, 2013

Video Game Weekend

Do you ever have a week so hectic that when the weekend comes around all you want to do is sleep and lounge around?
That was one of those weeks/weekends for me. 
I started a new job this week, with much more normal hours. The downside to that is that my body is having to adjust to getting up earlier. I know in a few weeks I'll be fine, but this week was hard. By the time Friday came around, it took all I had just to keep my eyes open.

I slept like the dead this weekend.


I didn't sleep all weekend, although part of me thought that I probably could. The rest of the time I was curled up with my sweetie, playing video games.
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, to be exact. 

We often play video games together, from Lego games, to Bioshock, Scribblenaughts to Costume Quest, Mario Cart to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Heck, I even tried playing Gears of War with him once.... just once... (that game is way too intense for me)

Speaking of intense video games, check out these first person views of  Sonic, Bomberman and Mario. They make these games seem much more intense.









And now after all of that, First Person Goomba...


Don't you feel like a monster now? I do...

Sorry, maybe these adorable Mario/Ghostbusters cross overs with help cheer you up.



I don't know if I want to watch it or play it more...


Now, since I've never actually seen Ghostbusters 2 (I know, I know...I'll get around to it), I have no idea how accurate this second video is. What I do love is that Samus is the Statue of Liberty! That's awesome!

Samus is awesome, she can take on anything! Like this cat, for instance.


Yup... totally bad-ass...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some FFXIII-2 to play

Thanks to Epbot, Nerd Approved, Geekologie and The Mary Sue for knowing how to enjoy a video game weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment