Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hyperspace Hoopla - Dance-Off With The Star Wars Stars

Every year when the Disney Star Wars Weekends come around, I tell myself that I'm going to save my pennies and go next year (not that it'll do me good, since we Canadians are getting rid of pennies, but you get what I mean)


There are always awesome things happening, like Her Universe releasing a new line of clothes, tons of celebrity guests and, of course, The Hyperspace Hoopla!


Yes, Hyperspace Hoopla. I love watching the Star Wars characters dance it out like there's no tomorrow. I watch these every year and I'm never disappointing. This year was no exception.

Witness the power of this fully armed and operational dance team...



30 years of Jedi. Wow!
(Guess that means that I'm turning 30 this year, too.)


Did you enjoy the 30 years of music? or at least the few songs that weren't from this year?

Individual dance songs:
1. Fight For Your Right to Party - Beastie Boys
2. Hey Ya - Outkast
3. Bad - Michael Jackson

Cantina Band medley songs:
1. Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That by Sweet Brown
2. Bug Hunt by Skrillex (off the Wreck-It Ralph soundtrack)
3. Beauty and A Beat by Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj
4. I Cry by Flo Rida
5. Cinema by Benny Benassi ft. Gary Go
6. Let’s Go by Calvin Harris ft. Ne-Yo

Here’s the list of finale medley songs:
1. Don’t Stop the Party - Pitbull
2. Scream and Shout - will.i.am & Britney Spears
3. Thrift Shop - Macklemore and Lewis
4. Blow Me One Last Kiss - Pink
5. Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
6. Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
7. I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift
8. Harlem Shake - Baauer
9. Good Time - Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City
10. Gangnam Style / 2 Legit 2 Quit - Psy and MC Hammer

Songs Jedi Mickey danced to:
1. Feel This Moment by Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera
2. Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson

Can I just say how much I love the dance off between Darth Vader and Padme?

Fantastically done! We all know what a rocky history these two love birds have and I think their choices of songs were well done.



 The only thing I didn't like about the show was the way the women danced. I know, I know, there's nothing wrong with dancing all sexy, but it really did seem to be all that they were doing.

It was kind of unnecessary. I mean, really, there are kids there.



It seemed like pretty much any time they were up front on the stage, they were shaking their asses at the audience or bending down, seductively in front of  one of the men. Except for Ahsoka, thank goodness for that, she's not even legal.
 The women in Star Wars have always been so strong. This just sexualized them and didn't really give them any purpose besides that.
Come to think of it, they were all pretty much just glorified back up dancers for the most part...

Well, despite all that, it was still a hell of a show, wasn't it?

With the talk of Disney (maybe, possibly?) building a Star Wars theme park in the future, I would imagine that they would have these shows all year round and not just on occasional summer weekends.

this art is from last years Celebration V. Wish I knew who drew it. Also, please Disney, please!!
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. As for me, I'm going to save my nickles and dimes up so I can maybe attend next year.


thank you to Inside The Magic for the playlist and Nerd Approved who can't stop til you get enough

No comments:

Post a Comment