Friday, December 16, 2011

A Very Geeky Christmas, One And All

Well, it's that time of year again. The snow is softly falling... well, almost... it actually looks like we're going to have another green Christmas here in Toronto, but who knows. But this season isn't really about the snow, is it?
I came across this note that I had written a few years ago about why I love Christmas, and I thought, dear readers, that I would share it with you now.



I've been asked over and over as of late why it is that I'm so excited for Christmas, well I'll tell you.
Christmas to me isn't about presents. It's not about getting all worked up and angry at trying to maneuver through crowded stores.
To me it's still about good will and peace towards all men. It's about seeing people smile when they hear their favorite Christmas carol or find the perfect gift for the one they love. It's about cookies and pies and sharing the joy of making them with someone special. It's about putting up the tree and looking at all the ornaments, the old, the new, the badly made ones from when we were children or from when we first moved out and couldn't afford any. It's about spending time with the people I love and remembering all the Christmas's prior when we sat around on the kitchen floor and drank hot chocolate. It's about watching our favorite Christmas movies that make you feel good about the world and getting the songs stuck in your head for days. It's about seeing the first snowfall as it covers and ground and makes the whole world look as if it's perfectly untouched. Throwing snowballs and making snowangels.
It's about family and knowing that even though we might not always see eye to eye, that we love each other with all of our hearts and we look forward to spending the holiday together.

So to all of you out there, whether you be friend or family, adoptive family, casual acquaintance or co-worker, enjoy the season of hope and wonder and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas from the very bottom of my heart!



Now, of course, this goes out to all you wonderful geek readers out there too!
I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for all your love and support. I may not blog as often as I want to, but I truly do love it.


So, as a little holiday thanks, here are as many geeky Christmas pictures as I've been able to find over the years! Enjoy!






























You said it Supes... you said it.


And remember this Holiday Season; Talk Star Wars to someone... you never know what kinds of friendships can be made ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment