Sunday, December 4, 2011

Craft Star Wars For Me


Another great logo, eh?

Craft Star Wars For Me was originally going to be a third blog, like Talk and Bake, except it, of course, would be all about my geeky crafts. But since I haven't been blogging much as of late, I wonder if having 3 blogs would be all together too much. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in a geek craft blog?

Anyway, I mentioned in an earlier post that my friend Jocey was teaching me how to sew. Well, I've been using that knowledge to make some geeky bags. 

If you follow me on Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter; you may have already seen some of my recent work. Behold, my pride and joy; 

The Boba Fett Bag!


 Carry your Bounty like a pro with this one of a kind Boba Fett bag. Hand crafted by a Star wars Geek Girl who made sure no detail was overlooked. Features include the Mandolorian skull patch, Boba Fett's emblem patch, button blaster scratches, and wookiee scalp braids (no wookiees were harmed in the making of this bag). It is 100% cotton. This bag has a long strap so it fits comfortably on your shoulder and hangs down close to your hip.






Yes, this little beaut sold off my Etsy account in less than 12 hours, much to my excitement and the sadness of many others. I've since had a request to make another one for someone and I'll probably make a few more in time for people to buy for Christmas. So if you want one, let me know or keep checking my Etsy.

The other fun bags that I have been making are these;

Pac-Man Bags!


Watch out! Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde are out to get Pac-Man! Show your gamer pride with this white and blue bag; made for geeks by a geek girl. It is 100% cotton. This bag has a long strap so it fits comfortably on your shoulder and hangs down close to your hip. 




Both of these awesome bags are still available here.





I've been contemplating adding some decals to the outside for the next ones. Maybe felt ghosts chasing Pac-man, embellished with some beads and buttons? What do you think? Also, do you like the blue inside or should I opt for yellow or red?

I have a lot more ideas for bags, too. I definitely want to make more Star Wars bags, as well as Cobra Commander, Sailor Moon and Mario, plus many, many more.

I also found this great site called Spoonflower where you can make your own fabric. I'm currently waiting on 2 Stargate SG-1 fabrics, a Battlestar Galactica, a Dr. Who Tardis and my Talk Star Wars To Me Logo (There may be a draw for a bag made in my logo in the future! So keep an eye out for that.) I can't wait to get those in the mail! It takes a long time; not only do they have to print it, but they have to ship it to Canada as well.

The other fun, sort of but not really, geeky thing that I've been making, is something called Pajammeralls. Yes, they are overalls made out of flannel; overalls that you sleep in! And they are truly the best thing ever!


These are my personal pajammeralls and yes, I'm wearing them right now while I type this up! The straps are attached by velcro, which hold them together really well, but will pull apart without damaging them if you happen to get tangled up during the night (although I haven't had that happen to me yet) These pairs are full pants, but we also do shorts as well.


 These were the first pair of pajammeralls that we ever made! You probably don't know this, but my last name is MacDonald and my boyfriend's name is Ron. Yes, we get Ronald McDonald jokes all the time and this material was too good to pass up!


I even made the pocket on the front of these large enough to accommodate his iPad, Playbook or any other gadget that he happens to be into at the time! 


People have been so excited about these that Jocey and I are making about 15 pairs for Christmas!
These will soon be available on Jocey and I's Etsy account PB & J (Pajammeralls by Brae & Jocelyn)
If you're interested in a pair, send me a message or leave a comment and we can discuss size, material and price.

So, what other geeky crafts should I make? Would you be interested in me making a Crafting Blog? Leave a comment and let me know

In the mean time, keep crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment