Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cake Wrecks! A Wrecktacular Time!


Who here has heard of Cake Wrecks? Of course you have. Who hasn't heard of this awesome website, which has spurred books and calendars alike.

Now have you heard of Epbot?


Jen Yates, the writer of Cake Wrecks, also writes Epbot, and Epbot happens to be one of my all time favorite Blogs.
Well, it turns out that The Cake Wrecks - The "Winter Underlined" Tour came to Toronto last night.
I didn't know how busy it was going to be there and I really didn't want to have to stand, so I headed over early. I got there an hour before it started and there was hardly anyone there. I sat in the second row with no one in front of me. 
That's when I noticed Jen, or should I say, that's when Jen noticed me. I smiled and she came right over and sat down next to me, saying that I seemed friendly.


Her and I chatted for over an hour while we waited for the show to start. It was so nice to sit and chat with another geek girl. I meet so few of them. She told me that I should move down to Orlando so her and I can hang out and go to Disney World! Man, would I love that!


The show, like Jen and John themselves, was very funny! They both have very quick wit and you can see why they're so well suited to one another.


Isn't she cute in her Give Me The Candy shirt? She had asked fans on Twitter to bring her some leftover Canadian candy, so a few people did. I popped out after the show and grabbed them some Kinder Surprise. Did you know that they don't sell them in the States anymore? Apparently, kids kept choking on the toys inside. 



As always, there was a competition to see who could recreate their favorite wreck. They all looked so wrecktastic!



They also served cake! One was of a baby and the other of a carrot. I was lucky enough to get the baby's mouth? Don't worry, I took a bite out of him before he could take a bite out of me!


A fan even brought John a tiger scarf/hood! Here he is, doing his best to be presidential!


And of course, my signed book! If you can't make out what it says:
To "Brae"
Under Neat That
Move to Olrando! Now!!!
Then she drew me a "hidden Mickey"



How awesome is that? I had such a wonderful time and I can't believe I actually got to hang out with Jen, Herself!!! YAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment