Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Lost Princess - RIP Carrie Fisher


You've probably all heard by now that Carrie Fisher, our beloved Space Mom, passed away yesterday morning after suffering from a heart attack days earlier.

It seems 2016 needed to give us one more blow to the heart before ending and this was a terrible blow.


The World has lost some amazing people over the years, but for me, I've never lost someone who was an Idol before and I honestly don't know how to feel or what to say.


Princess Leia taught me how to be strong when I was a young girl. She taught me that I could stand up for myself and that I could be a self-rescuing princess. She taught me to never take any gruff from anyone and to love fiercely.


But it was when I got older and realized who Carrie Fisher was in real life that I truly began to idolize her. When I learned what she had gone through in her life and saw how she handled everything with grace and humor and crassness all at the same time, I truly fell in love. She's the kind of woman I want to be.


When I was feeling lost after my own diagnosis of a mental illness, it was Carrie Fisher and her writing that I turned to. Knowing that there was an advocate for mental illness out there and handling it so publicly, I was inspired.

I was one of the lucky ones who got to meet her. (BEST DAY EVER)

This is a great loss for the Star Wars community and the World at large. But may she continue to inspire girls, both young and old, both as Princess Leia and herself and may it be known far and wide that she drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra, just the way she wanted.


RIP Carrie Fisher

 You will be missed


No comments:

Post a Comment