Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year - New Trailers

Well another New Years has come and passed and we begin our journey into 2012. 
 What's there to look forward to when the World is suppose to end this year?
Well, awesome movies for one thing.

2012 looks like it's going to be a pretty fun year at the theater and here are some trailers to prove it.

The Hobbit


My Dad first introduced me to JRR Tolkien when I was about 10 years old. He was rereading The Lord Of The Rings for probably the 6th or 7th time and I wanted to know what it was about. So he told me. It was a bit of a big read for me at that age, so he suggested that we read it together, but first, we had to read the Hobbit. We spend over a year reading it together and my love of fantasy novels was born.



Although I loved the Trilogy that they made a few years ago, I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing, mostly due to merchandising, but that's a post for another day. Will I go see this in theaters? Very much yes, most likely with my Dad. Will I go see it opening day? Seems very unlikely.


The Dark Knight Rises


The final movie to the wonderful trilogy comes to an end with The Dark Knight Rises. Now I'm a huge Batman fan. He's one of my all time favorite heroes. I love his dark gritty nature and lack of super powers. Between his team of bats and birds and his awesome Rouges Gallery, they never cease to put a smile on my face. Bane has been one of my all time favorite Batman villains, ever since broke Batman's back in Knightfall. When they cast him in Batman And Robin and made his into a mindless strongman, I was pissed. So I really hope that Nolan does him well. What am I saying? This is the man who brought us one of the best Joker's and Two-Face's I've ever seen. He even made Ra's al Ghol less sucky than usual. I think he'll do us proud with Bane.

Will I go see it in theaters? Hell Yes! Will I go see it opening day? It's quite likely.


G.I. Joe: Retaliation


I can't help it, I'm a G.I. Joe Fan. Yes, even after the last movie. I can't help it; I've got a soft spot for Cobra Command.

It's hard to believe that they're making another movie, but hey, it might be good? maybe? It's got Bruce Willis in it, and The Rock! Not to mention Channing Tatumis it it again and he's always worth looking at. With no Marlon Wayans as bad comic relief it might actually be good! If nothing else it looks like it'll be a good action flick, and lord knows I love a good action flick!


Not to mention I love the electronica remix of Seven Nation Army they've got playing in the trailer.
Will I go see it in theaters? Seems likely. Will I see it opening day? Will anyone?


Snow White And The Huntsman


I've always loved the story of Snow White. What can I say, I grew up as a Disney kid and loved everything about princesses. But as I've gotten older, I find I like a bit of a twist to my princesses and fairy tales. This is no exception. It looks awesome! I'm not a huge Kristan Stewart fan, but I do love Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Tharon and they are the 2 that I want to see the movie for. Especially Charlize Tharon as the Wicked Queen




Will I go see this in theaters? Yes, very much yes. Will I go see it opening day? Probably not, but we'll see.


Brave


Speaking of being a Disney kid, I'm so excited about the upcoming Disney/Pixar movie! I know most girls want a princess that they look like and I think this is going to be my best chance. I mean, when are they ever going to make another princess with curly red hair and blue eyes? Not to mention my own Scottish heritage. Ok, so I'm probably 3rd or 4th generation Canadian, but my roots are Scottish on 3 sides of my family (both parents on my Dad's side and 1 on my Mom's side) so this is kind of exciting for me.



Will I got see it in theaters? Yes. Will I go opening day? no, but maybe the day after.


So, what movies are you looking forward to this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment